Sunday, March 28, 2010

I've fallen behind.

Apology: It's been a while. I've been busy. with. things.

forgive me.

I organized a fundraiser for the Susan g. Koman foundation at my school, and we raised an insane amount of money over the past month. Insane.

Also, with spring rolling around, it's science fair season at the Howe school of Excellence. At least in the sixth grade class. One of the kids I'm supposed to focus on has super a.d.d. and cannot focus himself. He is failing almost everything, and most likely will stay in sixth grade another year.

But this science fair really got him going. When I first talked to him, he wanted to make a rocket. I figured this was a little beyond him, so I asked what would make the rocket go up. He hadn't thought this far. I helped him think up shaking a coke bottle/putting mentos in one, because this makes the coke explode. Also, I steered away from the whole rocket idea, but now he is super into seeing how to make coke explode the highest.

His project proposal looked like this:

Mr. Benntn tole me i can do this. I buy pop and ments and make it go high. I can please do this i buy pop. I promise I do this please mr benntn said i can.

I did say he can do this, to his credit. But That's a very unclear statement otherwise. I had him tell me what exactly he was going to do, and then write that down. It turned out much better, but now I'm going to have to go in early every morning to make sure he does his research correctly. It's a hard knock life.

Next week is camp for the third-fifth grade kiddos. 150 of them every day. It'll be good. We will get to hang out with dogs one day, some sort of reptile, and even go to the Museum of Science and Industry. at the museum the west and south side camps are joining forces to make 300 kids in one place under our control. It will be insane.

I've got a bike, and it's sunny. I'm about to register for the Chicago marathon. Wish me luck.

Thats the news from 4720, n dover. apt 2. room 1.

keep it steady, as she goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment